Saturday, March 29, 2008

Second...

Here in P-town Utah we college students like to break it down on weekends. And by break it down I mean do the Boot Scootin Boogie! After a wonderful dance with his family the Saturday before Kaleb wanted to impress me even more with his Country Swing dance skills. And MAN HE GOT SKILLS!!! So we rounded up my roommates and some of his friends and headed down to the Country dance club for a big group date! (All of the girls in the picture are my roommates. Two of them have their boyfriend/fiance with them. And the rest three other girls are with Kaleb's friends. Super fun!!















Now let me be very honest here. I knew before country dance that Kaleb was strong but it didn't hit me how strong till he was throwing me through the air like a feather! Here we are being gangstas:















Then came Skippy. Before I begin my story of a man named Skippy let me try to give you a visual. Skippy was about 5'8'' with a red goatee and shirt that said, "I hate Valentine's DAY!"
I will never know why we were destined to meet Skippy but I am privileged to say I have. (End of preface here is where the story begins)

The dance hall was hot and Kaleb and I had been dancing for a solid 30mins. So at this point we were a little sweaty and were excited to spend time alone. So we snuck away from our group of friends and went outside where it was softly snowing. (Keep in mind: We haven't kissed, cuddled, held hands nothing oh yeah and it is our second date. YEEHAW!) Earlier that night in between songs Kaleb had kind of held on to my hand a little bit longer so I was super excited when we decided to go outside! Outside we cooled of really quickly because of how cold it was. So we did the only sensible thing to do in a time like that CUDDLE!!! (Ha Ha we know how to work the system!) Oh man there are not words to describe how awesome that was.

Gradually as the snow kept falling softly and the loud music from inside turned to a slow song we hugged a little tighter. Now I can't quite say if Kaleb was going to kiss me that night because I never got to find out. As we moved even closer we hear this, "AWWWWW isn't that just adorable!" SHOCKED and slightly horrified we turned to see Skippy staring at us standing two feet away. We both sheepishly smiled. "You two are just so cute!" he said. We thanked him and were about to turn back to hugging when he stepped closer and kept talking to us. At this point we politely turn to face him still with our arms around each other for warmth! :) Now I am going to summarize the rest of the story because Skippy proceeded to talk to us for the next 15 minutes so if you want the juicy details then you are just going to have to call Kaleb or I. (Which we would love to tell you about!)

But here is a brief summary of what Skippy told us. "So you have been dating for 4 days huh? Well have you talked about children yet? (He turns to Kaleb) Come man you have got to get down close to her stomach and say daddies here. Cause that is important and you need to make sure you can do that. (He turns to me) That will help further your relationship you know. (Kaleb and I are shocked at this point but decide to play along. So we thank Skippy for his advise and ask if we can name one of our children after him.) Of course!! In fact you won't even need to discipline him because if he ever does anything wrong just ask him what he is doing with Skippy's name. (Afraid of getting anymore parenting advise from Skippy we changed the subject and asked him why he was wearing a shirt that said, "I hate Valentine's Day."He then turned to me) Well if I had someone who looked like you on Valentine's Day I wouldn't hate it. (Kaleb squeezed me tighter and smiled). Just before he left, he pulled up his shirt, revealing what would stain our minds forever. He had shaved into his chest a heart and on his belly was the word love! We never knew we would see that naked hairy torso of a man the day before valentines day.

WHEW-what a night almost getting kissed by prince charming then getting Skippified(which is a term that is used for when a romantic moment is ruined) we went home pooped!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hi cute couple! Love the blog, its so fun ot hear the saga of love. What a treasure this will be for forever. Lindsey you are darling. Our whole family is looking forward to meeting you. Kaleb you are amazing. I love you! Looking forward to reading- seeing more. Heather

Heather said...

Hey Lindsey- I forgot for a second there- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We hope you have a delightful day!
Love, The Redds

Kelly said...

Hey you two are so CUTE! We are sooo EXCITED to meet you Lindsey! I have been waiting for another sister to join this family. I am so Happy that you joined the blogging world too! We will Love checking in on what you two LOVE Birds are up too! What happy times! ENJOY every Day! Lindsey I'm sure you don't need me to tell you this but you caught one AWESOME Dude! We LOVE Uncle K.
Happy Days!
Heath, Kelly and Kids