Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Our first date:

It has been said that when you serve people you love them more. It was the day before Kaleb was supposed to go to a Valentines dance with his family and he still didn't have a date. Early that evening he and Jo(his roommate) were on their way to play dodge ball and they decided they would call my roommate Reagan to see if any of us girls wanted to come. (Clever boys) I happened to be sitting right next to Reagan (who was cuddling with her man at the time) when the phone rang. She ignored the ringing so I answered. Jo asked me if we wanted to come play so I rallied two of my roommates Whitlie and Karlie to come with me. We all crammed into the trusty 20 yr old Camry(Named RUSTY) and headed to the church where about 25 other people were waiting to play dodge ball.

At about 12:00am we were tired of playing so we started to head home. By this time Kaleb had realized he was in trouble he didn't have a date and it was the day of! So being the very resourceful man that he is turned to us girls sitting in the back and asked, "Would any of you be willing to do a service project for me?" Instantly I was intrigued, if the service meant hanging out with him on a Friday night you could count me in!

Well let's just say I was kind of nervous to say anything at first. Here was this awesome man asking if I wanted to spend time with him. What kind of question is that? Is the earth round? Fortunately I have good roommates who quickly piped in, "Oh we are busy but Lindsey do you have anything?" At this point I got over my nervousness and said that I didn't have anything. (Even if I did I would have canceled!)

Normally a first date means dinner with just you two and maybe a movie after. But let's face it Kaleb and I are far from normal. So in order to be consistent in our abnormality our first date was with his FAMILY AT A VALENTINE'S DAY DANCE! I know you are thinking to yourself AWKWARD! But it was far from awkward! It was AWESOME! Loving his family was as easy as making coolaide. JUST ADD WATER and there you have it coolaide. JUST MEET THEM and there you have it LOVE!

Having fun at the dance!

2 comments:

Grandpa & GmaT said...

Dear Lindsey, Just wanted you to know that we all fell in love with you this night! You are one grand lady. Love, Mom T

Grandpa & GmaT said...

Oooppsss! I forgot that we are signed up under Grandpa and Gmat...for our grandkids blogs...Now you know us by another name and soon you will be using those in your family too. YIPPEE!!!