Friday, November 20, 2009

Passing on the Torch of Motherhood


It has now been a little over a week since Ethan has joined our team. Every moment with him has been a treasure. Over the last week I have also been given another eternal treasure . . . the torch of motherhood. It is a tradition in my family that whenever a women has a baby her mother comes and stays with the family to nurture and take care of everyone during the recovery process. She makes the meals, cleans the house, does the laundry, takes care of baby while mommy and daddy get some sleep, etc. Whenever I had a question or needed help my mom was right there. Hopefully someday I will become the caliber of mother that she is. Having a child makes you realize that heaven is all around a righteous mother giving her strength to be an angel to the world. I am so grateful for good mothers! Thanks mom, I love you!



4 comments:

Marissa Mills said...

Yah for grandma's. Lindsey, you sure do have the best mother to train you the ways of motherhood- we are so lucky. Also, you look fabulous linds!

Kelly said...

Looks like Heaven! I have to be truthfull I'm wishing you could I could to come take care of you! We would have plenty of cookies, brownies around as we loved on that little boy. Oh he is soo cute! You look so Beautiful with your lil man! Your Mom looks way to young and Beautiful to be a Grandma... She looks like she could be your sister! Nothing better than having a baby and having your Mom to take care of you. Have Fun!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Kelly said...

This is Maizie...

lindsey yovr baby is so cute i wish i could hold him tell him i love him maizie

Pierce and Stacy said...

Love it! You are an amazing mother. Thanks for telling me your blog address, now we can be blogging buddies, Love you!