Sunday, January 24, 2010

Seriously Shocked!!


Two weeks ago I was watching TV (Glenn Beck rules!) when the phone rang. Not wanting to be rude to the person on the other end of the line I went to turn the TV off. As my finger touched the power button I felt an audible SHOCK!! Can anyone guess what happened? You guessed it! I totally fried the 40in flat screen TV our employer Dave put in our apartment. After attempting to turn the TV on for twenty minutes I sheepishly called Dave to inform him of my electrifying experience. Dave responded so kindly and with a little chuckle told me it was probably ruined. At that point I thought Kaleb and I would never watch a BYU game, or have movie date night again. But my fear was in vain. A week later Dave walked into our apartment, handed me a receipt, and said, "it will be here Friday." My first thought was that he had ordered some stuff for the complex like he normally does. But as I looked carefully at the receipt I read, "42in plasma HDTV." You can only imagine how shocked (no pun intended) I was to see this. When the TV arrived Dave helped us put it up and he made a cool little invention by the power button that grounds you when you touch it. Bye-Bye electricity. The moral of this story is that we have the best boss that anyone could ever ask for. Dave we love you and are so blessed to get to learn from you everyday!
We can now just lay Ethan in his bed and he will fall asleep! Snoop Dog!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Wow- you guys are lucky ducks. Ethan is a gem!

Marissa Mills said...

your tv story is so crazy story, who knew touching the tv could provide so much havoc... seriously. yah for Dave watching out for ya

Ashley said...

Wow, crazy that it just got fried like that! You wouldn't think stuff like that would break so easily. I love that you love your boss and that hes so cool!